We are JT International (“JTI”, “we”, “us”, “our”). We are registered in Switzerland and are subject to the laws of Switzerland.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect the personal data you have provided us by using the Newsletter Subscription Form, which includes identity information and contact information. The purposes for which we use your personal data in relation to this Website is to inform you about topics discussed by sending you a newsletter. We rely on your consent to do so. The information is used to be able to send you the Newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any moment from the Newsletter.
As you use this Website, we automatically collect information about your device, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this information by using cookies and similar technologies. Please see our separate Cookies Policy for further details.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We share personal data we collect about you with our service providers for the purposes of fulfilling the services. When we share such information, we will take steps to ensure that your information is adequately protected and transferred in accordance with the requirements of data protection law, which may involve the use of data transfer agreements in the form approved by the European Commission or another mechanism recognised by data protection law as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal data transferred outside the EEA and Switzerland.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
All information you provide us is stored on our secure servers. We will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, and to prevent your information being accidentally lost. We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WE KEEP THE INFORMATION
We will only keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To decide the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your information, the purposes for which we process your information, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Data protection legislation provides you with certain rights when it comes to your information, including
· The right to be informed (you have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we are providing you this information here).
· The right of access (you have the right to obtain access to your information (if we are processing it), and other certain other information (similar to that provided in this Policy)
· The right to rectification (you are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.)
· The right to erasure (which enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.)
· The right to restrict processing (you have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.)
· The right to object (you have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (which we do only with your consent)). You can exercise these rights by contacting JTI at email@example.com. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that your information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES